Allies of Hyrule

byAbby


Part 3

     

Link looked around trying to see everything at once. Although it had been midnight when they left, it was dawn here. He didn't want to miss a detail of this place. He scanned the area. No people, no noise, no animals, nothing. But, knowing the Shiekah, they were probably in the shadows somewhere. Making sure he looked all right, Link tried to brush the hair out of his face and dusted off his clothes.

Impa's eyes watered with joy. She was with her people again.

Zelda pulled herself up high, back strait, hair in place; she looked like the royalty she was.

Malon wished she had worn better clothes. Though everyone else was in proper comfortable riding attire, Zelda's clothes were beautifully fancy. Impa and Link wore what they always wore of course, but Malon felt shabby. She was wearing brown leggings and a plain white shirt. At least she had kept her hair nice, she thought as she reached up to touch it. She wanted to make a good impression. Maybe she could join the Sheikah as well…

The Sheikah village was like nothing they had ever seen. The houses were made of white stone and wood. Flowers entwined over windows and ivy ran up walls. The forces of nature had been used to combine the best of the earth and the best of the woods to make the buildings. It was breathtakingly divine.

Sheikahs were suddenly appearing out of the shadows. Despite their obvious surprise, they remained silent. Tellikah walked her group into the center of the village. She dismounted and the rest followed.

As soon as the group's feet touched the ground, the Sheikah ran over.

"Princess Zelda of Hyrule!" One voice cried.

"Hero of Time!"

"Tellikah, why did you bring them all back?"

"It's Malon, the famous horse trainer!"

"Impa!" After the last name, the crowd became silent again. The Sheikah moved closer to Impa, then part abruptly. From the back, a man walked forward. He had white-blond hair and deep purple-red eyes.

"My brother!" Impa threw her arms around him and hugged him tightly. "Why didn't you return? Why was I left in Hyrule alone?" She started to sob; she was with her family once more!

"You knew it would happen sister Impa. We told you it would be the price you paid for your loyalty." He spoke softly and did not hide the tears in his eyes.

The crowd turned back to the other people who had arrived.

"You have done well Tellikah." A tall woman with short black hair stood in the front and addressed them. "Welcome to our home, children of Hyrule. I am Faylona. You must be tired. After you rest, we shall tell you our story." Faylona led them threw the crowds. They walked down the street without speaking.

Zelda couldn't believe what she was experiencing. Here the Sheikah had lived in secret for years! But why? She looked around for Impa, but to her surprise, neither she nor Tellikah were with them. Only she, Link and Malon walked together. Zelda was certain they had been together a few minutes ago…

Before she had a chance to say anything, the trio was led into the hallway of a building. Faylona opened the doors to each of the three rooms. "You may decide who sleeps where. You shall be called later. Until then, I suggest you rest. You'll have a long day ahead of you."

The three stood and watched as Faylona left the hallway. "Well," Malon said looking into one of the rooms. "I don't think I've seen anything like this."

Link and Zelda followed her into a room. It had high ceilings painted a dark blue with sparkling silver stars showing constellations. The wood floor was polished enough so that they could see their reflections in it. Windows reached from the floor to the top of the room.

"Not even the castle has such a room." Zelda said, breathless at the sight.

They moved to the next room. This one's ceiling was a light blue with clouds and a sun. Other than that, the room was the same as the last.

Continuing on, the group reached the last room. The ceiling here was painted reds, yellows and oranges. On the east side, a sun peaked up above some clouds.

"I guess this is a sunrise." Link stated the obvious out loud.

"It seems so real…" Malon sighed happily. "I want this room."

Link shrugged. "Fine with me, Princess?"

Zelda walked back to the second room. "I'll take this one if you don't mind."

Walking to the remaining room, Link fell back on the bed and looked at the ceiling. If he didn't know better, Link would have sworn the painted stars twinkled.

Link was awakened later when the sound of someone knocking on his door disturbed his sleep. He jumped up and opened the door.

A little boy with huge, solemn eyes looked up at him. "Are you Link?" The boy asked, staring up with awe.

Link grinned. "The one and only. Who are you?" Link looked the kid over. He couldn't be over eight years old. He had short white hair and reminded Link of himself at that age. Well other than Link hadn't looked like that, Link mused. But the innocence, the willingness…Link stopped there. Jeez, where were these lame thoughts coming from? Must be because of the teenage years, he decided before returning to reality.

The boy stood straighter. "I am Daber. I'm in charge of waking you up."

"Well, you succeeded at that Daber. Should we wake the others?"

Daber nodded eagerly. "Yes. Princess Zelda and Malon have to be woke up as well."

"Well, let's go then." Link grabbed his sword and shield. He never went anywhere with out them. "Zelda's in this next room and Malon's in the last."

Daber stared at the sword. "Is that the sword you used to beat Ganon?"

"Yep, this is the one." Link pulled it out. "Want to hold it?"

Daber took it gingerly. It was too heavy for him to hold it up, so he just carefully examined it. "Amazing. It even has the Triforce on it!"

"Yeah, this is my favorite sword." Link returned it to its sheath. "Shall we wake the girls now?"

"Oh! Yes, I should do that now." Daber nodded on Zelda's door.

Zelda stretched groggily. "Coming!" Opening the door, she was surprised to see a little boy. The boy bowed. Behind him, Link grinned.

"Forgive me for waking you Princess. But it is time to meet with the Sheikah." The boy stared at the floor.

Zelda smiled softly. "And what's your name?"

Daber grew increasing shy. He had never met royalty before! Link was much easier to deal with. He looked harder at the ground. "My name is Daber, princess Zelda." He managed to mumble out.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Daber." Zelda stuck out her hand. "You may call me Zelda. All my friends do."

Daber gazed at her out stretched hand. He shook it timidly. "The pleasure is all mine."

Zelda returned Link's grin. "Well! Let's wake Malon. Then we can speak with the Sheikah."

All three walked to Malon's room. Daber knocked twice before Malon opened the door. "Is it time to meet the Sheikah?" She asked, stifling a yawn. She glanced down at Daber. "Hi! Who are you?"

"I am Daber. And yes, its time to join the rest of the Sheikah." They started down the hallway. "Excuse Malon, but is it true that you trained the midnight stallion?"

Malon nodded. "I did."

"Amazing! He's the fiercest horse I've ever seen! He knocked over two of us, then three more, then Faylona herself!"

"Did he hurt anyone?" Malon prayed he hadn't done any damage.

"No, at least not that I know of."

"Good." Malon sighed in relief.

Daber led the group into the village's center. "Faylona has called for a meeting in our House of Speakers. This is the first time that's ever happened. I finally get to see the inside!"

"Daber," Zelda said, "do you know what's going on exactly?"

"No, I'm sorry Zelda." Daber shock his head sadly. "I'm too young to be told anything important. All I know is that Faylona has called for all the Sheikah to meet in House of Speakers."

"And what is this House of Speakers?" Link asked.

"It's where all the rulings go on. Faylona is the head of the speakers. She was placed in charge since she put our whole village together."

"What do you mean by that?" Zelda wanted to know everything about the Sheikah she could find out. What did they have in plan? And why did they disappear?

"After the War, the Sheikah were banished from Hyrule. We moved here. Actually, Faylona found this place, gathered the scattered bands of Sheikah and made this village. Or I guess you can call it a town. Maybe a city."

Zelda, Malon and Link looked at each other. "What war?" They asked at the same time.

Daber's mouth dropped open. "You don't know about the War?" He shook his head in surprise. "I'd tell you, only we're at the House now."



Back to Story Menu