The Child of Hyrule

By Stephy


 

“AAAAHHHH!” came a scream from another room.

Link nearly fell off his chair from the sound of the pain his wife, Princess Zelda was in! As he sat across from Impa and all he could do was worry.  “Is she going to be ok? What if something goes wrong?” he thought to himself. From the look on his face Impa knew that he was worried.

“She will be fine Link!” Impa said trying to reassure him.” Your going to be a father! You should be excited”.

“I am excited!, I’m just worried that something will go wrong!” said Link.  “Look! Don’t............”Impa was interrupted by an almighty scream from the room.

 “LINK!!!!!!!!” screamed Zelda as pain shot threw her stomach. Without hesitating Link jumped up from his chair and ran threw the doors to reach his wife while Impa followed!

 

As soon as he looked at his wife, his eyes widened with shock! ” Oh my god!” he said to him self. She was lying on the bed, the covers soaked with something that obviously wasn’t water, her legs spread out with two of the castles nurses at her side and another with her hands between her legs ready to help the baby out.  “Link! Please help me!” cried Zelda. Link ran to her side and held her hand as he kissed her forehead.

“Everything is going to be ok” he said calmly as he stroked her hair.” Our baby is on the way, sweetheart.

“Ok, get ready to push!” said the nurse as she looked up from the bump on Zelda’s stomach. Without a fuss Zelda began to push.

“AAAHHH!” she screamed. “It hurts!”.

“Quick! get me some blankets!” shouted the nurse to Impa. Impa done as she was told and ran back with two blankets in her hands.

“Push!” shouted the nurse. As Zelda pushed she squeezed her husband’s hand so tight that he almost tried to pull away from the pain.

“Ok I can see the head but we need a big push this time and your baby will be here!” said the nurse as she put her hands at the baby’s head ready to help guide it out. With all her might Zelda gave one last push and instead of a scream a baby’s cry echoed around the castle. Zelda collapsed on the bed exhausted.

 

“We did it!” said Link as he kissed her hand.

“Would you like to hold your daughter?” asked the Nurse with the little  bundle in her arms. Zelda sat up as the nurse gently laid the baby in her arms.

“A daughter!” cried Zelda as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“She’s the most beautiful thing I have ever seen!” said Link as tears started to form in his eyes.

“She looks just like you!” said Zelda as she stroked the baby’s blonde  curls.” She has your eyes!”

“What are you going to name her?” asked Impa as she sat next to Zelda on the bed.

“Well I was thinking Holly for a girl but something this precious needs a  special name” Zelda said as she looked up at Link.

“Why don’t we call her Shamira? It means protector and I know that she would  grow up and protect Hyrule just like me and you” said Link as he stroked the  baby’s face.

“That’s a wonderful name for her!” said Zelda. Impa nodded agreeing.. Link carefully took the baby from her mother’s arms to his and rocked her  gently as tears rolled down his face.

“From now on you would be known as Princess Shamira! Protector of  Hyrule!” said Link as he kissed the baby’s forehead.

 

 

14 years Later!

 

Zelda was sat at the table digging into her oatmeal as Link came in holding a letter.

“Who is it from?” asked Zelda.

Link tore the letter open and pulled out a piece of paper and began to read.

“Well?” she said sounding a bit impatient.

“It’s a letter from that bloody school of hers again!” he said sounding  annoyed.” It says she’s been fighting again!”

“Uhhh! I’m getting sick of this! Is that all that girl does?” said Zelda as she raised her voice.

“Well I’m having a word with her when she comes in!” said Link as he put the letter on the table.

 

Shamira was a very beautiful girl but was a tomboy and took after her father Link.

While she was combing her hair she heard her mother and father talking with their voices raised and knew that something was up so she climbed downstairs to see what it was all about.

“What’s all this then?” she asked as she walked into the dining room and sat down at the table.” I could hear you from upstairs!”.

“It’s about you fighting again!” said Zelda as she glared at her!

“Who were you fighting with this time eh?” asked Link as he started to raise his voice.

“That Devonna girl” said Shamira. “She’s such a Bitch!”.

“Excuse me!?” Zelda began to shout.” I am not having that kind of language coming from you!”

“But she.....”Shamira began to speak but Zelda interrupted her.

“Silence Shamira! I’m not hearing any of it!” shouted Zelda.” Your grounded for two weeks!”

“But you cant I need to........”she was about to talk but was interrupted again by Zelda.

“I said silence Shamira! Don’t make me tell you again!” she shouted. Shamira flumped down in her chair and folded her arms annoyed with her mother.

“And it’s about time you start to wear dresses like a proper young lady! I don’t want you walking around looking like a boy anymore!” said Zelda looking at her clothes.

“But I like the way I dress!” argued Shamira. “I don’t look like a boy!”

“That’s it Shamira I’ve had enough! If you don’t stop arguing with me then I’ll ground you for three weeks! Would you like that?” shouted Zelda.

“No” said Shamira as she looked down at the table.

“Good!” said Zelda as she got up from the table and walked out of the room.

 

Shamira looked up at her father.

“Thank you for not shouting at me father” she said as she smiled at him.  “It’s ok but you need to stop arguing with your mother! She’s only trying to help you!” he said as he looked at her.

“I know, I know” she said.” But I really don’t want to wear dresses! I like what I’m wearing right now!”

“Well I’ll try and talk to her today while your at school” said Link.

“Thank you” she said as she walked to him and hugged him. Link was in his early thirty’s now and never believed in discipline like the other fathers did as he didn’t want to harm his daughter or any harm going near her so he always had to pretend to tell her off in front of her mother.  “But remember straight after school come to the field as I want to show you something” he said.

“Ok” said Shamira. As she started to head for the door Link shouted on her.

“Shammie!” called Link. Shammie was Link’s nick name for Shamira since she was two months old and didn’t mind him calling her it as she thought it was cute.

“Yes?” she answered.

“I love you” he said.

“I love you too father” she said then walked out of the room.

 

As Link finished his breakfast he got up and went upstairs to see his wife.

“She’s properly just reading a book or something” he thought to himself. As he came up to the door that led to the room he opened it and found Zelda sitting on the edge of her bed crying.

“What’s that matter darling” he said as ran up to her and wiped her tear stained face.

“Do you think I’m a horrible mother?” she asked.

“Of course not! Why to you think that?” he asked.

“Well I feel that I’m a horrible mother to Shamira as we are always  arguing!” she said as she started cry even more.

“No! It’s none of your faults! It’s just a teenage thing! Girls at her age  always argue with their mother’s” he said.

“I properly just imagined it then” said Zelda as she wiped her eyes and smiled at him.” What would I do without you?”

Link looked at her like he always done since they were young!, the look that told her that he really cared for her.

“I love you so much” he said.

Zelda was just about to tell him the same when without any warning he kissed her passionately and laid her on the bed.

“We haven’t done this in hours!” he said as he leaned over her and started to unbutton her dress.

“No, we haven’t” replied Zelda as she pulled off his hat and smiled at him.

 

 

“I really hate school!” Shamira thought to herself as she jumped out of the carriage and headed to the school doors.

“Hurry up now Shamira! We don’t have all day, get to your desk!” moaned Mr. Hartly.

“Sorry sir” said Shamira as she got to her desk and sat down.

“Right, today class we are going to learn about plants and how they grow” said Mr. Hartly.

Shamira never paid any attention in class and it wasn’t going to stop her this time as she knew that it was going to be a boring lesson so she started to scribble on her desk like she always did. She started to draw a picture of a horse that her father always told her about that was named Epona. She was just about to start on the mane when BAMM! Mr Hartly smacked her desk with his cane to get her attention.

“Not listening again Shamira are we?” he asked as he tapped his hand with the cain. “Oh and lookie here graffiti  too!”.

Soon all of her classmates turned around to see what was happening.

“You know I don’t tolerate this Shamira! Get to my desk!” he said as he began to shout. Shamira done what she was told and walked up to his desk as he followed behind her.

“Now how many should it be this time eh?Three?Four?” he said as he stared at her.” What do you think class? How many should I give her?”

“You can’t hit me I’m the Princess of Hyrule!” shouted Shamira.

“I don’t care!” he shouted back.” Royalty or not you are treated the same here”.

Shamira started to get a bit nervous.

“I think you should give her five this time sir!” said Devonna.

“Shut your big fat hole Devonna!” shouted Shamira from across the classroom.  “Right for that I think I’ll give you six this time” he shouted. Her classmates gasped and started to whisper.

“Six?” whispered one of them.

“Yeah! She would be really lucky if she survives this” said another.

“Right, hold out your hand!” he commanded.

Shamira done what she was told and held out her hand as he lifted the cane to bring it down on her soft skin. As he brought it down on her hand there was an almighty WHACK!. Shamira gritted her teeth and tears came to her eyes from the pain. The cane left a horrible red line on the palm of her hand.

“Keep you hand out!” said Mr Hartly as he brought the cane up high again. As he was about to bring it down again Shamira grabbed the cane out of his hand and smacked him across the face with it!

“Don’t you ever touch me again with this you ugly Bastard!” Shouted Shamira as she flung it at him and ran out as fast as she could.

 

 

“I love you Zelda” said Link as he cuddled her and stroked her hair.

“I love you too!” she said as she pulled the cover to cover her breasts so she could sit up on the bed.

“Do you think we should have another baby?” asked Link who started to get a bit nervous.

“I would love to have another baby!” she replied as she kissed him on the cheek.

“Do you think Shamira would like a little brother or sister?” he asked as he lifted his left eyebrow.

“Well I wouldn’t see why she wouldn’t” she giggled. Link started to giggle with her.

“Do you think we should try now?” he asked as he gave her that look again. As soon as he finished his sentence Zelda grasped the cover’s, pulled it  over them and pulled Link closer to her and kissed him.

“Yes” she replied.

 

 

“Cant run anymore! need to rest!” Shamira thought to herself as she stopped to catch her breath.

She looked on the ground then sat on a part that she thought was soft and put her hand on her chest trying to get her breathing in to the regular pattern. She looked around and realized that she was in the woods, she got to her feet and rested her hand on a tree that was near and leaned on it.

“OW! Shit!” she shouted as she gritted her teeth from the pain of her hand. “Why me?” she said to herself as she held her hand and looked a her palm.  She bend over and dipped her hand in a nearby river to sooth the pain then stood up and saw the path that led to the castle then took out her pocket watch. “Ten O’ Clock?” she said to herself surprised. ”It’s to early to start heading to the castle but what choice do I have?” She looked up at the sky and shrugged her shoulders. “Why not?, mother and father wouldn’t mind!” she thought to herself. Then she began to walk.

 

Fifteen minutes later she was walking threw the castles doors and started her way up the stairs to her mother and father’s bedroom to tell them what had happened. She reached the door and turned the handle and walked in!  “OH MY GOD!” she screamed as she covered her eyes and ran out in disgust. There was her mother and father doing their usual routine in the bed but stopped as soon as she screamed.

 

“Oh my god” said Link as he quickly climbed of Zelda and grabbed his clothes.

“I can’t believe this” said Zelda as she rubbed her forehead.

“This is embarrassing!” said Link as he looked over at Zelda as she tried to put her dress back on.

“I’ll l talk to her later once she has calmed down” said Zelda.

“Wait a minute!” said Link looking puzzled.” What is she doing home so early anyway?”

“I don’t know!” Zelda replied.

 

Zelda quickly buttoned the rest of her dress and walked out of the room to Shamira’s. She turned the handle and walked in to find Shamira sitting on her bed holding her hand.

“Um, Shamira?” said Zelda looking embarrassed.

“What mother? ”asked Shamira still not looking up.

“Um, I just want to apologise for what you saw” said Zelda as she made her way to the bed.

“It’s quite disgusting when you think about it, mother” said Shamira as she stared at the floor.

“Well it’s a natural thing! Shamira!” said Zelda not taking her eyes of her daughter.

Shamira looked up at her in disgust.

“Uh, well I know it’s not something for a young girl to..........” Zelda  stopped as she noticed the red line on her daughter’s hand.” What on earth is that?” gasped Zelda as she grabbed her daughter’s hand.

“It’s nothing!” said Shamira as she pulled away.

“Did you burn yourself?” Zelda asked as she looked into her daughter’s eyes.

“No” she replied.

“As Zelda looked closer she knew what it was.

“You got the cane didn't you?” shouted Zelda furiously.

“Well, uh...”Shamira tried to explain.

“How dare they hit my daughter with a stick!” shouted Zelda as she waved her hands in the air.

“Mother please just listen!” said Shamira as she tried to calm her mother.

“How dare they hit a member of our royal family!” she shouted again.

“MOTHER!!” Shamira shouted.

“WHAT?” Zelda shouted back.

“I got him back anyway!” Shamira explained.

“What do you mean?” Zelda asked.

“Well I hit him back then I ran!”s aid Shamira.

“But are you ok?” Zelda asked looking worried.

“Yes I’m fine it just hurts that’s all!” she answered. Zelda held Shamira’s hand and kissed it then smiled at her daughter.

“Come here” Zelda said as she took hold oh her daughter’s arm knowing not to hold onto her hand. Shamira followed her mother as she led her to the sink and turned the tap on and put her hand under it.

“Ow!” Shamira yelled.

“Oh, sorry darling but it helps it!” said Zelda not taking her eyes off her  daughter’s hand. ”But we will get that teacher sorted!”

“No mother!” shouted Shamira as she pulled away from her and backed  away. ”Please don’t. I beg of you!”

“Why not?” Zelda asked as she looked at her daughter worried.

“Please don’t mother” she begged. ”I don’t want anymore trouble!”

“Are you sure?” her mother asked.

“Yes I’m sure”s he replied.

“Well if that’s what you want! But the next time that teacher touches you with it I’ll have him hanged!” said Zelda as she glared at her daughter. Shamira didn’t answer but looked around to notice her father walking in.

“Is everything ok in here?” Link asked as he looked at his daughter. Zelda looked at her daughter and noticed that she was giving her a look that told her not to say anything.

“Yes, everything is fine father!” said Shamira as she put her hand behind her back.

“Ok” he said as he made his way out but suddenly turned around and faced his her. ”Oh, remember to come down at the field!”.

“Yes father!” said Shamira as they both smiled. Her father  walked out while Zelda followed closing the door while staring at her daughter. Shamira sat down on her bed and looked at her hand again.  “I might as well put a bandage around that” she thought to herself. She got up and took a piece of cloth from her wardrobe and gently wrapped it around her hand. “I might as well go and meet dad at the field” she said to herself. She went over to the mirror and fixed her hair then went to meet her father. “I wonder what it’s all about” she thought to herself.

 

As she entered the field she saw her father standing next to a beautiful horse, it was black with a long dark main with a white patch in between it’s eyes. Once she saw it she ran to her father in excitement.

“Oh my goodness father, it’s beautiful!”  he cried. ”What is it a boy or a  girl?

“It’s a boy” he laughed. ”Do you like him?”

“Yes, he’s beautiful” she replied. ”What are you going to call him?”

“I think that’s up to you! He’s your’s!” he said as he smiled at her.

“What?” she said as her eyes lit up. “Your joking?”

“Nope!” he said. Shamira jumped up on her father who grabbed her and swung her around as they laughed.

“Thank you so much father!” she said with tears in her eyes. “I love you so much!”

“I love you too!” he said as he put her down. “What are you going to call him?”

“I’ll call him Sagen!” she said as she stroked the young male horse.

“That’s a brilliant name” said Link as he kissed her head. ”Do you want me to help you on him?”

“Yes please” she said. Link bent down and put his hands together.

“Put your foot on my hands and jump up on him!” he said. Without a struggle Shamira done what her father had said and climbed over the horse.

 

 

  Everyday after dinner, Link would bring Shamira out and teach her how to ride and sometimes they would ride together. Soon she got very skilled with Sagen and could ride him on her own.

Soon Link started to wonder if he could start training Shamira to fight and help to protect like he does.

Once Shamira was asleep Link followed Zelda to their room so they could talk.

“Zel?” said Link.

“Yes?” she replied.

“Shamira is really good at her riding skills!” he said.

“Yes I noticed” she said as she started to get undressed.

“But I want to start training her now!” he said as he sat down.

Zelda turned around and looked at him.

“Now?” she asked.

“Yes, I think earlier the better” he grinned.

“But don’t you think she is a bit too young?” she asked.

“I started training younger than her, there’s no harm” he said as he looked up at her. By the time he had finished speaking, Zelda had already pulled her nightdress on and sat on the bed next to him.

“Well I suppose so” she said as she gave him a fake smile.

“Great!” Said Link as he jumped up and grinned. ”Our daughter is going to be like her father!” Deep down Zelda was still not sure about her daughter starting training but she didn’t want to argue with her husband as she trusted him. “I’m just going to get a glass of water” said Link as he left the room. Zelda pushed her hair back and lifted the cover’s of her bed and got into in.

 

 

Link wasn’t really going to get a glass of water, he wanted to see his daughter while she slept as it reminded him when she was a baby and he would stand there for ages watching her. He silently opened the door and tip toed over to her bed and leaned over her.

“Oh my little girl” he thought to himself. Link bent down and stroked her  blonde hair out of her face and Kissed her forehead.

“I love you Shammie”he whispered in her ear. For a moment he thought he saw her smile while she turned over in her sleep but didn’t want to stay very long to see as he didn’t want to wake her.

“Zel?” said Link a she walked in the room .”Are you awake?”. There was no answer except from a slight grunt coming from her. Link giggled and got undressed for bed.

 

Shamira walked into the dining room to find her mother and father chatting.

“Oh hi darling!” said her mother as she looked up. ”I never saw you there”.

Shamira smiled at her mother and sat down and started to dig into her breakfast. “Your father has something to tell you” she grinned.

“What?” said Shamira as she looked up.

“Well you know what i do for my job?” asked Link.

“Erm yes” she replied.

“Well I need someone to follow my footsteps, and that person is you!” he said as he pulled his chair in more. Shamira nearly choked on her breakfast.

“What?” she spluttered. Zelda shot up from her chair and patted her back trying to calm her down. ”You can’t be serious?”.

“Well I am” he said.

“So you mean that you would be teaching me to use a sword and stuff like that?” she said as she stared at her father. Link nodded while folding his arms.

“O MY GOD!” she yelled as she jumped of her seat with excitement. ”YES!”

“Calm down Shamira!” said Zelda trying to get hold of her daughter.

“When are we going to start?” she asked with her eyes wide.

“Today if you want!” Link laughed.

“YES!” she yelled again. Zelda looked at her daughter worried but didn’t say anything.

“Where are you taking me father?” Shamira asked.

“SSSHHH!” Link put his finger to his lips. ”Come along”. Link led her into a room that she never noticed before.

“This is where I keep my  weapons” said Link rather chuffed.

“Wow!” said Shamira as she looked at all the shiny swords and arrows.

“But this one is yours” he said as he pulled out a sword wrapped in a velvet cloth and pulled it off. It had a gold handle which was incrusted with green jewels and had “Shammie” engraved on it.

“Wow father!” said Shamira astonished. ”It’s beautiful!”

“All for my little Shammie!” said Link as he smiled at her. Shamira gently  took the sword of her father and looked at every detail on it.

“Thank you so much father!” she said as she started to cry.

“What’s the matter darling?” he asked as he wiped her tears.

“I’m just so happy!” she sniffed. ”I always wanted to follow your footsteps and now I can!”

“Oh sweetheart!” said Link as he hugged his daughter. ”that’s wonderful. They both smiled at each other.

“Would you like to see your shield?” he grinned as he pulled out a silver shield lined with gold ,with the same green jewels and “Shammie” engraved on it. All Shamira could do was hug her father.

 

Link took his daughter to the field and brought their swords and shields with them.

“Right, when I come at you with my sword, quickly hold out your shield to block me” he explained. Shamira gulped and nodded. Link took out his sword and swung it at his daughter. Terrified Shamira pulled out her shield as fast as she could and closed her eyes!. When she opened them she realised that she had blocked him and a big smile came from her to her father.

“I did it!” yelled Shamira as she jumped up and down. ”I can’t believe it!. Link felt really proud of his daughter. Since then he taught her everything he knew but it did take quite a while but now she could actually have sword fights with her father.

“Your birthday is tomorrow , Shamira! ”smiled her mother as she sat down at the table ready for dinner.

“Yes I know ”Shamira laughed.

“But I can’t believe you going to be fifteen!” her father said as he shot up off the table and hugged his daughter.

“I take it we are going to have another Ball?” asked her daughter as she lifted her left eyebrow.

“Yep!” said her father as he smiled. ”Everything is getting ready right now as we speak”. Shamira felt a bit disappointed with her parents but didn’t show it as she knew it would upset them.

“What’s the harm of another ball anyway!” she thought to herself.

 

 

   After dinner Shamira went upstairs to her room while her mother followed her. “Are you exited about tomorrow?”

“Well I’ve a surprise for you” said Zelda as she opened her daughter’s wardrobe. She took out something long wrapped in a purple cloth and laid it on the bed. “Open it!” her mother said as she grinned. As Shamira walked over and pulled the cloth off her smile left her face .It was a dress that her mother had got her. “The servants made it for you! Isn’t it beautiful?” her mother said as she lifted the dress up for her to see it. It was a beautiful dress, it was white with a gold collar and sleeves, it at a belt with purple jewels incrusted into it with a tiara. The tiara was gold with the same purple jewels.

“Am I wearing this tomorrow?” asked her daughter.

“Yes you are!” her mother said. ”And don’t worry it’s your size!”. Her mother hung the dress in the wardrobe and walked out. Shamira walked up to the dress and felt one of the sleeves.

“I cant believe I have to wear a dress!” she thought to herself. Shamira didn’t  hate dresses it’s just because when she was growing up she didn’t like the  feeling of them as she felt more comfortable in trousers. As she let go of  the sleeve there was a knock on the door.

“Yes” she answered. Link came in holding something wrapped in cloth.

“Oh no, not another dress” she thought to herself.

“I’ve got something for you!” her father grinned. He laid it on the bed and pulled the cloth of it. It wasn’t a dress, it was a suit just like his but was obviously made for a young women like herself! It had the boots, the belt and the hat just like her father’s and most of all it was green as well.

“It’s just like yours” she said as she picked it up.

“I knew you would like it” he said as he walked over to her.

“Where did you get it?” she asked.

“Me and Impa made it!” he smiled.

“Impa, who is Impa? ”she asked looking confused.

“Oh I forgot!” he said as he slapped his forehead. ”You haven’t seen her since you were five”.

“Oh!” she said as she sat on the bed. ”I wish I could wear it tomorrow though!”  “Why can’t you?” he asked as he followed her. Shamira looked at the dress her mother gave her and Link turned around to see.

“Oh, well you can still wear it other times” he said.

“Yeah I guess” she said. ”Thank you!” As her father left the room Shamira hung it next to her dress and looked at them , then had an idea.

 

 

It was the day of the Ball and all the invitations were sent and everything was ready. Shamira was still sleeping even though it was about twelve in the afternoon.

“When is that girl going to get up?” laughed Zelda.

“Well it’s her birthday so we should let her lie in!” Link laughed back. As  they were talking Shamira had just opened her eyes.

“Uhh!” she groaned as she got out of bed. She walked outside on her terrace and watched the people below her help with the Ball.

“I can’t believe I’m fifteen already!” she thought to herself. As she rested her hands on the terrace wall she took in a deep breath and closed her eyes.  “I better go downstairs to see mother and father” she thought to herself.  Then she went downstairs.

 

“Oh, your  up!” said her father as he hugged her. ”Happy Birthday sweetheart!”

“Thank you father!” she said as she hugged him back. Shamira sat down and had her breakfast.

“So what time is the Ball then mother?” she asked.

“About seven” she replied. Shamira never said anything back.

 

It was about 6 O, Clock.

“Shamira you better start getting ready for the Ball” said her mother.

“Ok” said Shamira. Without a fuss she ran upstairs to her bathroom and had a bath. She got ready and went out to the terrace again. There was a knock on the door.

“Who is it ?”she shouted.

“It’s me!” said her mother as she walked in. Shamira turned around to face her mother.

“Wow! You look beautiful!” said her mother as she hugged her.

“Uh, thank you ”she replied.

“Well I’ll be waiting in the hall” her mother said.

“Ok” replied Shamira.

 

 “Sir Link and Princess Zelda” they were being introduced as they walked down the steps arm in arm. Everyone bowed. ”Princess Shamira” as she was introduced Shamira walked down the steps as everyone bowed. Everyone thought that she looked so beautiful in her gown. As she was walking Link and Zelda smiled at each other.

“She looks so beautiful” said Link to Zelda.

“I know!” Zelda said. They both had tears in their eyes as they watched their daughter. As she got down from the stairs Link and Zelda sat down on their  thrones while Shamira stood at the bottom of the stairs not knowing what to do!

“What am I going to do?” she thought to herself. ”Should I just stand here?”. The music started to play and everyone started to dance.

“Hello stranger!” said an unfamiliar voice. Shamira turned around to see who it was and saw a white hair woman looking down at her.

“Who are you?” said Shamira as she looked her up and down.

“I’m Impa” she replied.

“Impa!!” shouted Zelda as she hugged her.

“Zelda!” she said as she hugged her back.

“It’s been years!” Zelda said. ”I haven’t seen you since Shamira was five!”

“I know!” she said as she looked at Shamira.

“How do you know each other?” Shamira asked.

“I used to look after your mother when she was a child” she explained.

“But I didn’t need her anymore as I was married to your father and we had you!” said her mother. Link got up from the throne and walked up to Impa.

  “Glad you can make it!” smirked Link.

 “Oh!” said Shamira as her eyes lit up ”This is the woman you were talking about last night!” Link winked at his daughter and nodded. Impa and Zelda walked away to talk as another song started to play.

 

 “How about a father daughter dance?” Link asked as he held out his arm to link arms with her.

Shamira felt a bit embarrassed but linked her father’s arm anyway. As she put her hand on her father’s shoulder and Link put his hand on his daughter’s waist and held each others hands ready to dance.

“Happy Birthday Shammie!” said her father as they began to dance. As they swayed and twirled Shamira started to enjoy dancing with her father but was interrupted.

“May I dance with this beautiful young lady?” said a handsome young boy the same age as Shamira. Link let go of his daughter and shooed her towards him telling her that it was ok then walked towards Zelda.

The boy put his hand on her waist but lowered it a bit and pulled her towards him. Shamira a bit shocked from him pulling her paused for a second then put her hand on his shoulder and then held his hand. Without any warning the boy pulled her along as he swayed along the floor with her as Link and Zelda watched.

“Your so beautiful!” said the boy as he lowered his hand again from her waist. Shamira thought nothing of it and carried on dancing. The boy started to lower his hand again until he gripped her bottom really hard. Shamira reacted to it and pushed him away.

“What are you doing?” she asked a she raised her voice.

“Oh I’m so sorry your highness!” said the boy as he walked towards her. ”Il never to that again” Shamira turned around to walk to her parents who were chatting away until he grabbed her arm and pulled her around and kissed her hard on the lips trying to force his tongue through. Shamira pushed him away and slapped his face hard.

“You disgusting pervert!!” she shouted. The band stopped playing and everyone turned around to look at them including her parents. Link didn’t look happy at all. Shamira looked around to see that everyone was staring at her then turned around then looked at the boy. Link started to walk up to his daughter with a stern look on his face.

“What the hell is going on here!?” he shouted.

“Oh, your daughter doesn’t like a male presence around here” said the boy as he smirked.

“Who the hell are you?” Link shouted.

“Well I’m surprised!” said the boy as he backed away. ”You’ve known me for ages” “I don’t know you at all!” he shouted again.

“Well let me refresh your memory” he said a whirl of wind started to from  around him that grew stronger and stronger then settled until they could  make out the boy, but as they looked the boy wasn’t there! There stood Gannondorf grinning.

“Gannon!” said Link as he gritted his teeth.

“What a beautiful Daughter you have!” said Gannon as he looked over at Shamira. Link turned his head and looked at his daughter.

“Get out of here Shamira!” he shouted. Zelda went to get her daughter when Impa pulled her back.

“What are you doing?” Zelda shouted.  Impa didn’t reply but kept hold of Zelda as she screamed telling her to let her go. Shamira wanted to run but couldn’t, as her feet wouldn’t budge.

“I cant move!” she screamed as she tried to move her legs. Link knew that it was Gannon who was doing it to her.

“Leave her alone!” he shouted as he drew his sword.

“I cant do that!” he replied. Gannon lifted his hand and at the same time Link lifted in the air. “You see, I’ve been watching your daughter and she is very skilled for her age” he said as he threw him across the room by moving his hand making him drop his sword and land in front of Zelda as she screamed. “That’s why I’m taking her so she can join me!” he snarled. Gannon walked over to Shamira who was wriggling trying to get free.

“I’ll make you conquer the world with me and maybe we can even be lovers” .Gannon held her face in his green hands but Shamira pulled her head away shaking with fear. “Oh don’t be frightened my dear!” he said.

“Get away from my baby!” shouted Zelda as tears fell down her cheeks as she cradled her husband in her arms as he lay there unconscious. Impa did nothing. Gannon took off the spell that stuck Shamira’s feet to the ground. He grabbed her arm really hard and put his other at her waist as bending down to kiss her as she moved her head aside trying to get away. As he almost touched her lips Shamira pulled up her dress to reveal the boots just like her father’s that he and Impa made for her and kicked him hard on the ankle making him yell and drop her from his grip. She fell to the floor as he rubbed his ankle and gave her a horrible stare.

“I’ll teach you!” he shouted as he slapped her face with the back of his hand forcing her face to move to the side. By this time the guards would have been there but Gannon put a spell on them making them fall into a deep sleep. Zelda was still screaming but couldn’t leave her husbands side to help her daughter.

 

As Shamira put her hand to her face she had a flashback of her teacher giving her the cane then stood up and glared at him.

“It’s a good reason that my father taught me those things!” she said. Gannon laughed.

“And why do you think that?” he smirked. Shamira pulled her dress off to reveal the suit Impa and her father made her with the sword attached to it. Gannon watched her as his eyes widened.

“To kill evil bastards like you!!” she shouted as she drew her sword. Gannon frowned at her.

“It’s a shame, by the way” he said as he started to walk around her as he took out his sword. ”After I beat you, you would be too weak so I’ll have to carry you. But a fight you want then a fight you will get!” he said as he pointed his sword at her. Shamira smacked his sword with hers and began to fight .He swung his sword at her making her duck and kick his legs making him fall. He got up and swung for her again but this time she jumped over it. They continued fighting. Zelda watched in horror as she held her husband. Impa still didn’t do anything. Link began to open his eyes and the first thing he saw was his wife crying. He shot up and turned around to see in his horror his daughter fighting the evil monster who nearly took over Hyrule and nearly killing him and his wife. He went to run over to her but was pulled back by Impa.

“Only the Child of Hyrule can defeat him!” she said. Zelda and Link looked at her shocked and then turned around to watch their daughter helplessly.

 

 Gannon and Shamira was still fighting until he kicked her shin making her fall to the ground. He walked over to her and put the tip of his sword to her neck.

“Now, are you going to come with me without a fuss or shall I drag you?” he said as he bent over slightly.

“Id rather die!!” she shouted as she lifted her sword and shoved it hard threw his ribs. Gannon fell back dropping his sword as blood started to drip out of his mouth. Shamira stood over him, watching him die.

“Damn you!” he said in his last breath. She pulled out her sword from his chest. She went to turn around but felt a dizzy feeling then everything went black.

 

  Link ran over to his daughter and checked her pulse.

“She’s still alive” he said as a tear rolled down his cheek. He didn’t have a lot of strength as from Gannon throwing him across the room but picked up his daughter and passed her to Impa. Impa laid her on her bed and walked towards Zelda.

“She’s strong!” she smiled. ”She collapsed from exhaustion”  Impa walked away then looked at Zelda then vanished. Zelda walked over to her daughter and stroked her hair.

“I love you” she said as she kissed her cheek. Link stumbled into the room startling Zelda. “Oh Link!” she said. ”I forgot you need help!” Zelda ran out of the room finding the nearest servant to help her. While she was gone Link limped to his daughter’s bed and leaned over her.

“I’m so proud of you Shammie!”  he whispered in her ear. Two servants ran threw the door and helped Link out of the room.

 

  “Eyes feel so heavy! Head really hurts!” Shamira thought to herself as she tried to open her eyes. She sat up in her bed and held her head as the memories of the night before came flooding back.

“Mother! Father!” she gasped as she jumped out of bed. She realised she was  in her nightgown but didn’t care and ran out of her room towards her  parents. She opened her door to find her father lying on the bed as her  mother was damping his chest with a cloth. He obviously hurt it when he fell. Link jumped up.

“Shamira!” he shouted as he grabbed her. Zelda shot up as well and ran to her daughter.

“Are you ok?” she asked as she felt her head.

“Just a head ache!” she replied. ”But I’m glad that man is gone because if I had ever saw his face again.....”.Her father interrupted her.

“I think we should tell you something he tried to do years ago before you were born!” he said as he sat down. He told her the story as she sat there listening to every part, not believing her ears.

“So he can come back again?” she said looking worried.

“Not for a long time!” said her father.

 

  As soon as Shamira got better she was able to ride Sagen again and train with her father. Zelda found out she was pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy named Anakin meaning warrior. Their family was complete but Shamira knew that it was soon  her duty to protect Hyrule.

 

THE END!



Back to Story Menu