Link's Reawakening
(Or the Orb of Darkness)

By MiKe


Chapter 9

Ganon surveyed the large crowd of thugs, goons, and monsters gathered before him, all summoned by his command. There would be no mistakes this time. With Link out of the way and a new army of super-powered monsters, Ganon knew that it was just a matter of time before Hyrule was completely his.

"My army, you are gathered here today to hear my commands, and in turn obey them. I want you to crush, burn, tear, and wreak havoc on the land of Hyrule," Ganon bellowed in his deep, pig-like voice. Having heard the announcement the crowd of monsters began to cheer their approval. With a hard gesture of his hand the room instantly lay stagnant in a death like silence.

"One final thing, I have a feeling that the princess will be making a pathetic attempt to break into my lair. Make sure that she doesn't get here."



***



Zelda sat next to Link's bed watching over him as he slept. For her it was very emotionally taxing to see Link so helpless. She loved and cared for him deeply, although she found it difficult to express this to him. Of all the people in Hyrule, Zelda was the one who knew Link the best. He was less the dashing and outspoken hero that people believed him to be. In truth, he was essentially a sensitive guy. Link was very free willed and his personality was truly unique. Link was the kind of person who would go out of his way to defend what he knew was right whenever it may be challenged.

"Link, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm still going to tell you this anyway," Zelda began. "Ganon is back or at least we think so. Anyway no one really knows for sure so I'm going to ask my father if I can go up to Death Mountain and investigate. I feel that Ganon is responsible for all of this somehow. I swear to you Link that I will defeat Ganon and bring you back. Oh, Link I love you." Zelda embraced Link, staining his shirt with her tears.



***



"But father please!" Zelda pleaded with the King.

"No I refuse to let you come to harm," the King responded sternly

"Dad, why not? Why is this even such an issue?"

"I...don't want to lose you, like the way I lost your mother," said the King suddenly overwhelmed by his emotions.

"We'll go with the princess!" shouted Lance from the back of the room.

"How long have you two been there?" Zelda asked.

"Well Lance and I were on our way down to forest for a picnic, but we overheard your conversation." Crystal commented.

"Yes, this could work. With Lance's skill as a warrior and Crystal's talents for magic I don't think you'd run into any serious trouble. You can leave the castle as soon as you're ready, but be careful." said the King almost regretfully.

"Yes! Erm, I mean thanks daddy!" Zelda said as she left smiling with her friends.

The King shook his head. "I don't know how I let her talk me into these things."



Back to Story Menu