The Binding Force of Link

By Christian Warrior


Part II

      Both Link and Zelda could feal the indescribible rush of pure power as they flew through the Golden Gate in a swirling tunnel of fire, water, earth and wind to reach the end of the Gateway where it seemed that all the elements would converge together to fall in on them, and then they found themselves on top of the great pyramid where Link had placed the Triforce hoping that it would never be touched again.

      He was wrong.

      "Okay, now then..." Link said panting from the effects of the Gateway, "Zelda, as much as I hate to do this, we have to break the Triforce again. You take the Triforce of Wisdom, I'll carry the Power and Courage."

      While Zelda went to breaking Wisdom from the Triforce, Link took a moment to look around at the Golden Land. He knew the second the three pieces were seperated, this world would go dark again. The Triforce was the sun to this realm. He hoped so much that he could return it to normal within a short time.

      "Link! Wait, we don't have to break this!" Zelda started. "Can't we just wish for the Uniforce?"

      Wondering why he hadn't thought of it, Link said, "Well, why not, it worked for Ganondorf, why can't it work for us?"

      Taking the Triforce in his hands, he heard the sof voice speaking to him; "IF THOU HAS A WISH, SPEAK IT."

      "Take us to the Uniforce of Rest." Link commanded the timeless relic. Soon the pyramid began to tremble, causing both Link and Zelda to cling to the ground as the entire world seemed to fall apart beneath them. The Triforce began to glow in an imense white light, blinding the two of them, and then, as it seemed that Link and Zelda would never see their days as husband and wife, it all stopped.

      "THIS IS ONE WISH THAT IS BEYOND OUR POWER, FOLLLOW THIS WAY, AND THOU SHALT FIND THY DESIRE." As the Triforce said this, Link could see an opening below the area where the great power stood. Just big enough for the two of them to fit through, the unknown material the pyramid was made of had opened.

      "TAKE WHAT THOU WILL NEED FOR THINE JOURNEY," this was the last thing Link heard the Triforce say before it divided once more, this time on it's own. First it began to move apart slowly, then suddenly they could see it flying toward them. In a flash of light it was all over in a split second. When Link opened his eyes, he could see Zelda staring at him in awe.

      "Link! Look at your hands!"

      Looking donw at his palms, Link looked at them blankly.

      "No, not you palms, the other sides."

      Turning his hands around, Link was stunned to see the mark of the Triforce of Courage on his left hand, and the same sign he had seen on Ganondorf Dragmire's hand, the Triforce of Power.

      "Zelda, as of now, I hold within me the two most powerful pieces of matter in the world, I have only one question, whre is the Triforce of Wisdom?"

      Link looked into Zelda's blue eyes, he had always seen her as one of the smartest people he had ever and would ever meet There was nothing in the world he wouldn't deny her hold. And Link knew that the Triforce had something that could make her more cunning and briallant than a man of a thousand years in military experience.

      "Zelda, what mark is on the back of your hand?"

      "Link, if you look at the back of my hand. you will that there is a mark consisting of three tri-angles. The top is colored gold, the bottom right is also colored gold, but the bottom left is colored in a distinct color of red."

      They then embraced each other, knowing what full well what they had become. By Link holding Power and Courage within himself, and Zelda holding Wisdom within her, they had become two lovers who together were more powerful than Ganon had ever hoped to have been alone. For they held the pieces that each could master the control of.

      Letting go of each other, Link breathed deeply in through his nose, as if inhaling the power that had been given to him. He suddendly felt better than he ever had in his entire life. "Now then," he said to Zelda looking around with a sense of invincibility, "I think taht we should begin our quest to the one thing that the Triforce could not even take us to."

      "Link, I believe that when Simidora spoke of the tunnels underneath the pyramid, he had meant that we would find the entrance near the bottom of the complex, but perhaps this opening is the way the Spirits meant for us to take on our way to the Uniforce."

      "This is the same entrance I used to fight Ganon when the Triforce was in his possesion. It will more than likely take us back to the room where we fought for that long grueling battle. There will hopefully be a tunnel in the chamber that I didn't see the last time. Come then, let's be on our way."

      Link could remember that feeling of floating down to the floor to land safely on the ground of the vast room. Looking around, he could see nothing new to him.

      "I don't understand it, all I can see here is what was kept intact after the battle."

      "Wait, didn't you mention something about a room that opened for you after you had killed Ganon?"

      "Yes, but what could that hold?"

      "Maybe it has the entrance to the tunnels."

      Walking over to the room where the Triforce had rested, Link could see what Zelda was guessing at. In the back of the hidden space, he could see a picture of the Triforce, except there was someting he had not seen before, in this picture, there was no hole in middle of the relic. Here it was a complete being. There was obviously someting special about this area.

      "I have an idea." Squinting his eyes at the picture, Link raised his hand slowly and pointed right at the center of the Triforce. "Open," he commanded.

      In an instant, the picture was gone and now there was only a tunnel glowing a yellow light, and stretching farther than they could see.

      Looking back at Zelda, Link smiled, "Well, it seems that you have just started to use the Triforce of Wisdom. This is only the beginning."

      "Yes, handsome," she teased, showing that even when in possesion of Wisdom, she still had her sense of humor that he loved about her.

      Studying the walls of the tunnel, Link noticed how the walls showed patterned lines going par-ralell to the ground. And on the ceiling the same paterns showed. Wondering what tehy coudl mean, Linik shrugged and entered the tunnel.

      "Link, do you think that there is anyway for us to get through here faster?" Zelda asked after the first hour of walking. "After all, if you have the Triforce of Power, you might as well see what it can do."

      "You're right, perhaps some horses can help us. It looks as if they could fit in here," concentrating, Link pointed to an area about ten feet infront of them. "Horses, appear." In an instant, two of the finest horses at Hyrules ranches appeared in the tunnel, calm as if they were still at their stables.

      Link's horse, a great stallion with a silver mane over a black body, was saddled in Link's own custom seat with his sword hanging at it's side. Zelda's horse, a white beauty all around, had Zelda's saddle on with her bow and filled arrow quiver.

      Mounting, Link commented, "Soon I should be able to do this without speaking."

      After two hours of riding, the horses tired, and the two deciced to rest for a while.

      Zelda said, "Wait a minute, the lines have moved!"

      "What?"

      "The patterns, when we first came in here, these patterns were lower to the floor, now they've moved almost all the way up to the ceiling," staring at the ceiling for a moment, she gasped suddenly. "The ceiling! The patterns there have moved as well! They've moved to the right some."

      "What does this mean?"

      "I think that we're slowly moving down and turning to the left, while these markings stay consistently straight, the tunnel itself curves. We must be moving in a huge cirlce beneath the pyramid."

      "Do you think that's what Simidora was talking about when he mentioned the tunnels?"

      "Most likely, but Link, he said a vast series of tunnels and chambers. All that we have seen so far is a tunnel, no chambers. How long do you think this tunnel goes on for?"

      Pondering, Link replied, "I don't know, but I've got a feeling that we won't get there too soon by the way these horses are going." Walking up to them, he placed his hands on their foreheads and thought to them: You will not become tired, you will run faster than a hundred horses could run together. The horses suddenly neighed loudly as if a bolt of energy had been shot through them.

      "Come Zelda, these horses will hopefully be able to take us to the porthole quickly now."

      Soon they were on the horses again, this time moving faster than any horse team either of them had ever seen run. As they raced down the tunnel, Link could see what Zelda was talking about. When tra-velling this fast, the patterns of shapes would blend together to make one solid line, which he could see were slowing begining to move upward toward the ceiling. He guessed at the rate they were going, they had dropped down about 100 feet. Hopefully the would reach something distictive in the next few hours.

      They did.

      After what Link had thought a to have been five hours and 300 feet, they came to a sharp turn in the tunnel, where they then found an immense room, glowing in the same light, but there did not seem to be any way out of this chamber.

      "What now?" they both wondered.

      Suddenly, they could hear a thundering coming from an unknown place. Then, in a flash of blue light, one side of the chamber opened, revealing what possibly could have been the oddest looking creature either of them had ever seen. A four legged beast, standing twice as high as the horses, with skin that seemed like leather off of the black hybred pigs Link had seen on Death Mountain. Patches of skin seemed to come out of its head that looked big enough for Zelda to hide behind. The oddest thing of all was the tenticle it had. Not eight or ten like other beasts Link had fought, but instead just one extending from below and between the creature's eyes.

      Without warnig it roared out in a sound that resembled the blaring of some of the untuned trumpets Zelda had heard in the royal band practices. After this it began to charge. Acting on instinct Link unsheathed his sword to attack it. There seemed to be no body armour on the mutant, so he simply made a sweeping cut on its single tenticle.

      Again roaring in that trumpet like voice, the beast began to waver around and then collapse on the floor. But then, instead of disapearing like other monsters made by magic, it simply lay there, bleeding through its tendril and beginning to smell horrible.

      Wishing the stench to leave, Link wished the monster off, but ot his shock, he could not. Look-ing back at Zelda, who had shot a few arrows into its head to be sure the beast was dead, he wondered out loud, "What now?"

      "Perhaps the room where the mutant came from can help."

      Heeding to her advice, Link walked into the chamber where it seemed the monster could have bearly fitted into. Immeadiatly, he saw an inscription on the wall that was glowing blue like the wall had when it opened. He gestured for Zelda to come nearer. Link then read the inscription outloud:

"THE ONE WHO READS THIS IS A STRONG ONE, BUT IF YOU HAVE TRIED THE TRIFORCES POWER ON THE BEAST, YOU ARE NOT A WISE SOUL.

THIS CREATURE IS NOT A CREATION LINKED TO THE TRIFORCE OF THE THREE SPIRITS, IT IS SOMETHING TAHT WAS FORGED BEFORE THE SEPERATION OF THE UNIFORCE, THEREFORE LEAVING IT IMMUNE TO THE TRIFORCES WONDERS.

IT IS MOSTLIKELY SOMETING THTA YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE, SOMETHING UNLIKE THE ANIMALS YOU HAVE SEEN.

THIS CREATURE IS FROM BEYOND THE PORTHOLE FROM WHICH YOU STAND BEFORE, IT CAME FROM THE LAND WHERE THE UNIFORCE OF REST IS SUPREME.

IF YOU SEEK THE UNIFORCE, YOU MUST BE ONE WHO IS OF GREAT ENDURANCE, ONE WHO IS A WILLING FIGHTER, AND ONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID OF DEATH.

GO NOW, PLACE THE HAND OF WHICH THE TRIFORCE OF COURAGE REST ON THE WALL INFRONT OF YOU, AND FACE THE GAURDIANS."

      Looking at each other in puzzlement, they then glanced toward the wall they had read about. It was much like the picture they had seen in the first room, but here the Triforce was gone, and only the Uniforce remained.

      "The inscription said to place the hand in which the Triforce of courage rests on the wall. Zelda, whatever comes out of there, keep in mind that I will have to supply you with weapons. More than likely we will suffer serious pain, but remember that we cannot die while in this realm. I know you better than I know myself, but I have to ask you this one question, can you endure this?"

      "As long as I have you by my side, I will endure anything that comes against me. My actions shall be in perfect syncrinization with yours, and we shall be one fighting force."

      "Give your thoughts to me as we go, because I know that you have the wisdom and cunning to do this."

      Link then did what Zelda had done at the castle and began to open a gate way to another world, this time not knowing what would lie on the other side, and only hoping that it would not measure up to the force which he knew was unconquerable by his standards, a power that can be called the Binding Force of Link.



Back to Story Menu